Breastfeeding

Sunday, July 3, 2011

two weeks fly by

Half of my summer has already come and gone. Good news is that I have two weeks to go! They are going to be filled with some exciting events such as: MLB All Star Game, ultrasound, doctor appointment, swim classes, tumble class, school with E, story time, and E's IFSP meeting for speech. Phew!

As sad as I am to see that my summer is winding down, I must say that these past two weeks with E have been pretty incredible. We have had some really great Mommy/son time and only one really tough day. With Mr. G on the way, I'm so thankful that we were able to have this time together before the "craziness" beings.

I have been able to get him down for a nap without nursing before hand, unless we are at my parent's house. The thing is, I have to rock him in the play room holding on to his favorite toy screwdriver and listening to the music of his choosing - Raffi, nursery rhymes, whatever.

We have a large foam alphabet mat and I tested him on his letters and colors the other day. He was able to identify the letters D, G, M, L, I, T, O, and J. He also then pointed to the W and said "wawa" (water). He often points to the W for an M. Completely understandable since they are inversions of each other. Then I tested him on colors and he was able to find red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. He needed guidance on one or two, but I still think that's pretty awesome! Yeah, E!

Just within this last week, E has been on a vacuum kick. He pretend cleansthe house with his toy vacuum multiple times throughout the day. He will pick on trash off the floor and throw it in our trash can. I told Paul that I feel his room might be impeccable when he gets older. I hope his need for cleanliness lasts!

He must have also gone through a growth spurt because his 24 month/2T clothes are getting to small. We've had to clean the closet and go shopping for 3T items. This kid just keeps on growing!

Helping Daddy put G's crib together.
Relaxing in Grandpa's chair.

No comments: