While chatting and asking questions about if I was having contractions, I also asked to clarify my estimated due date because she said I was 37 weeks. When we first found out I was pregnant, the nurse said Aug. 18th. However, according to the first ultrasound, I was measuring a week behind and my doctor said Aug. 25th. When I would hear the doctor say how far along I was, it always seemed odd that he said a week higher than I thought. I figured that it was due to the timing of my appointments since they were usually the day before (i.e. - appointment on Wed., but on Thursday I would be 36 weeks). Well, I decided to ask what due date they had in my file...turns out they still have Aug. 18th. Guess that does make me 37 weeks!
As far as how I'm doing, I'm hanging in there. The past few weeks have been difficult due to the humidity more so than the heat. Being back at work has been nice since we are in the air conditioning. I have been assigned two student teachers for the entire year and it has been helpful having them around to help get things done for school.
The knuckles in my finger and toes still are rather achy, and the doctor said it's due to my body swelling. They typically hurt during the morning and evening the most. My feet are a little swollen, but it's not too bad.
I'm now on to researching how to get this baby turned around to have a more comfortable and easy delivery!
4 comments:
Hooray for being way closer to delivery!!
Being pregnant in July/August SUCKS!!! I remember never going outside because I would just die...hope you can find some comfortable-ness in these last few weeks!
Because I love you...here are some things I found on getting G to turn.
http://midwifeinfo.com/articles/the-dreaded-persistent-occiput-posterior
http://www.homebirth.org.uk/ofp.htm
Some really good tips in both sites!! Pretty easy things too. I have a really big exercise ball if you want to borrow it to sit on at work.
See you Sunday!!
Your progress sounds very similar to what I experienced with Cal (my VBAC). My first was stubbornly posterior but I did yoga and the exercises from the Spinning Babies website and Cal came out fast! No posterior, no back labor! Definitely recommend! I'll have to check out the sites Sarah listed, too, for the next one.
Thanks for the tips, ladies!
so glad that you're technically a week further than you thought!!! :)
Post a Comment