And my countdown has begun. I have 4-8 weeks left of being pregnant and meeting my little man! Hopefully.
Tuesday morning I had an ultrasound to check G-unit's growth. Everything looked ok. There's still a lot of fluid surrounding him, head was down, and according to his measurements he weighs approximately 5 pounds 10 ounces. Looks to me as though he is on his way to being about the same size as E was at birth.
Wednesday morning I had an appointment with my ob/gyn. I now weigh a "whopping" 165 lbs. Yes, I did just post that! I have reached the 30 lb. weight gain mark. Ugh. On a good note, Dr. said that I'm measuring just fine. In fact, I was measuring at about 33 weeks, not 34. I mentioned to him some of the comments that people were making and he told me that they should mind their own business and that I'm not looking big at all. What a great Dr.!
I go back and see him in two more weeks and then every week after that appointment. Next time I go in, he will not be there so one of the other doctors in his practice will do a cervical exam and test for Group B Strep. Hopefully everything turn out ok. I was GBS+ with E and it would be great if I didn't have to do the same meds with G. I remember how much the penicillin burns running through your veins...YUCK! My doctor also said that after this initial cervical exam, I will not have to have any more if I choose. It's a good thing he mentioned not checking me because I was going to ask him about it anyway! He also put a note in my chart for the other doctor to not mention scheduling a c-section. Phew! This little (big) guy WILL come out the way I want him to. Enough said.
*Speaking of c-sections, I saw this on one of my favorite website's FB page and thought I would share. In the event that I do end up needing a c-section, I'm going to put what I have seen in this video in my birth plan.*
1 comment:
That video is amazing!
Post a Comment