1.) I'm enjoying a delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a tall glass of milk. Yummy!
2.) My feet have reduced in swelling the past few days. E and I are staying in much more than we were last week.
3.) E's first swim class through the local parks & rec was a blast! He had so much fun singing and swimming in the water. We still have to work on floating on his back, getting splashed in the face, and closing his mouth under the water (he likes to drink it instead). We get to go again tonight and I'm rather excited!
4.) It seems as though 4th time is the charm for tumble class. E participated in so much more this time! The one thing he didn't do was the actual "tumbling" part of somersaults. I'm so proud of him! In fact, he even started going up to other kids and touching them. One little girl fell down and E went up and pat her on the back. It was sweet. He went up to another little boy pat him twice and the boy told him "no hitting". Let me just say, he did not hit this other child. This other child is the rambunctious one in the class and does what ever he wants. His name is called out by his parents nonstop during the class session. Drives me nuts. Anywho... I'm proud that he is going up to other kids instead of grabbing a hold of my leg and trying to climb me.
5.) We met with the one of the co-directors for the early intervention program what will be working with E. We set up his IFSP which consists of family goals to help improve his speech. The next step is to set up weekly sessions that will begin in August. E was very fond of the woman that came to our house. He kept bringing her different toys and showing off his flirtatious smile. When she was leaving, E waved goodbye and then stretched his arms out to hug her. :-) We have such a sweet boy.
6.) Yesterday morning, E and I went to visit my coworker/friend that just had her baby boy on June 15th. She had a home birth and was also taking the HypnoBirthing classes with me. She looks so great and little baby H is adorable! It's so hard to believe how small babies are when they're newborns. I was so lucky to hold him, too. E did a great job while I held H. I was a bit nervous because I didn't know if E would become jealous. But he very sweetly touched H all over - his head, nose, tummy, legs, and feet. He'd point to different body parts and lean in to look at him carefully. E even gave him a couple kisses on his legs and head. Once I handed H back to his mama, E wanted him back in my hands. He kept whining and point to the baby and back to my hands. I tried to explain that the baby was with his mommy, but it would make E even more upset. My friend let me hold him again and E was happy. I'm sure hoping that this corresponds with how he will be with his baby brother. I just wonder how long it will last!
No comments:
Post a Comment