Breastfeeding

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

tb

So the last time I was pregnant and had to get the tb skin test, that little bubble they injected into my skin disappeared relatively quickly. When I had to get it again this time last Monday, I ignored what the nurse said to me because I assumed it would be the same.

I should have listened to the nurse.

After two days, the bubble area was red. And stayed red. A friend of mine told me not to worry if it wasn't blistered or swollen and that it would be gone by the end of the week. Well, come yesterday, it was still red. I called the doctor's office and they had me come in this morning.

Meanwhile, my mind is racing thinking that I have tb or that I'm going to need to get further testing. The nurse called me over, rubbed her finger against the red spot, and said, "Oh, no. You're fine. It's negative."

Phew!! What a relief!

Lesson learned: pay attention to what they tell me.

No comments: