Breastfeeding

Sunday, June 12, 2011

big boy bed!

I find it rather nice that E has a cousin whom is 6 months older than he because of the "hand-me-downs".

Today's hand-me-down was a toddler bed.

Paul and I have been considering whether to get a toddler bed or head straight for a twin bed. When you get one for free, it doesn't matter what it is!

We headed over to Paul's sister's house this morning and disassembled the bed to fit it into our car. After E's nap, we disassembled his crib and moved it to the baby's room. (While transitioning pieces, I heard Evan let out a cry. When I turned around, he was sprawled on his belly like a starfish and the front end piece of the crib laying flat on his back. He must have pulled it and it fell on him. Oh the tears! Not only from him, but myself as well! I scooped him up quickly and checked to make sure there weren't any marks on his little back.)

After the move, Paul put together the new "big boy" bed and E had a blast giving Dada tools and jumping on his mattress. Once it was complete, E loved climbing in, jumping around, laying down, and even made many attempts to climb out. He was unsuccessful each time and required one of us to get him out.


We were going to put his crib bumper around the toddler frame, but E wanted NOTHING to do with it. The second we tried to put the bumper in his bed, he would throw it out!

Since we moved the crib out, I also thought it would be a good time to move the rocking chair out too. When it was time for Mommy milk at bedtime, E kept pointing out of his bedroom. I couldn't understand why, until Paul whispered, "Rocker." OHHHHH! He knew the next step in our routine was to sit in the rocking chair for Mommy milk and it was in the room next door...DUH! I had to reassure him that we could still have Mommy milk on the floor and he wasn't to sure about it. (The idea sounded fine to me, until I realized that I would have to get up with a 29 week belly and an almost 29 pound child!)

I must say that my heart was racing at what a terrible night we might have with a new bed. But...he went to bed rather quickly and I'm happy about that.

1 comment:

Ashley Majorek said...

I've learned that "hand-me-downs" are wonderful especially when they are free!!!

That's so exciting for E!! In the first picture, he looks like he is so proud!!

I'm so glad that the first night went so well