Breastfeeding

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

28 weeks (almost 29)







Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know that I'm a bit late in posting this considering I turned 28 weeks last Thursday and it's now Tuesday.

Things are moving along just fine. Baby is growing quite forcefully and so am I. There are many times where I think he's going to bust out of my belly because of how strong he is at this point. He's been jabbing me near the ribs much more lately. I think he's starting to feel squashed.

Within the past week, I have received the following comments from people:
- "Are you sure your doctor has the due date right?"
- "Do you always have big babies?"
- "Do you think you'll make it that far?"
- "Is there only one baby in there? Are you sure?"
- "Well, you're big. But not that big."
- "You're due this month, right?"
- "How many days do you have left?"

I'm generally a pretty pleasant pregnant lady, smiling and laughing it off, and I try not to complain (because I don't have much to complain about). But sometimes...GRR.

I know I'm huge. I know that I have more to go. I know that they don't mean to come off sounding rude. So I'm thankful when people say things like, "you look beautiful" or "what a cute little belly". I love those comments.

As far as baby goes, I think we may have settled on a name, but I'm not ready to say what it is just yet. We've moved the treadmill out of the office which is going to become baby's room. Now we just need to move the computers, desks, and clear the closet. As well as move E into a toddler bed, buy new furniture for his room, and move his current furniture into baby T's room. We still haven't settled on how to decorate the room either.

Too much to do in three months time. ACK!!

Anywho...here are those belly pics.

17 weeks
24 weeks
28 weeks

5 comments:

Kelly said...

You look great mattie! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I get the other side of the comments that aren't so appreciated. Most common is 'You're starving that baby, eat more.'

The Richardson's said...

I think you look great!! I would be worried if your belly was tiny...big, cute, HEALTHY babies fit in big bellies!!

You are making the BEST home for little Tomasik #2 and everyone else can just shut it!

Just think about your hypno-birthing classes...I will help: "Your body is doing what it was meant to do. Your body is growing as it is supposed to to support your baby. Your body is as big as it needs to be for your son."

Seriously!! (I am being totally serious. Your doula would be proud of me. Turn that negative energy away and bring in the positive flow! You have a natural birth to prepare for!!)

Mattie said...

Thanks, Kelly and Sarah.

Sarah, you sound like my Hypnobirthing cd! I think you may have a new career!

Marlene said...

You are one of the most beautiful pregnant women I have ever seen...and I've seen a lot of pregnant women in my lifetime : ) In addition, I know how gracious you are so you just smile and refrain from a rude comment back. That just enhances your beauty!

BTW: when you get tired of smiling, just kick the person, then blame it on your hormones.

Ashley Majorek said...

You look fabulous! Don't think for a second that you look anything less!

I however am so excited to see the baby's room and to hear his name!! I'm sure both will be awesome :o)

Yay for baby Tomasik!!