Breastfeeding

Friday, June 24, 2011

hormonal mess

I consider myself to be a pretty mellow pregnant lady. Today was the exception.

My parents were kind enough to take E for the night. While they were loading him up in the car my eyes became watery. Once Paul and I entered the house and sat on the couch, I lost it. The tears came streamimg and poor Paul was so good that he said "it was ok to cry". He asked if I was sad, or worried, or just hormonal.

E had such an up/down time at his tumble class, was super crabby and fussy and whiney before his nap, he slept very little at his nap, and was frustrated and fussy in the afternoon. When I tried to tell my mom about our day, my eyes would start to water. It was a tough, emotional day for the both of us.

My worries about his social development and speech really surfaced after seeing him in his tumble class. I just had to let it all out. Tears were my answer.

I can hear him try to talk, but it just doesn't come out the way it should and it makes me so sad.

2 comments:

The Richardson's said...

do not worry about anything. Matthew was a complete nightmare at the first 3-6 months of his class. He never listened and freaked out and had constant meltdowns.

I think it is a boy thing. They have too much energy to sit and listen and they just want to go crazy.

Evan is so smart and he will figure it out!!

and yes...it is okay to cry. (Just wait until you leave for the hospital to have baby G. omg...the tears...

Ashley Majorek said...

Dang hormones! Don't worry, it's okay to cry!

Try not to worry about E, before you know it, he'll be talking in full sentences and then you'll look back at this time and say "what was I thinking, this little boy doesn't ever be quiet!!" :o)

We too, worry occaisionally about how the boys are in comparison to other kids, especially girls, but everyone tells us that boys develop later than girls do and we're told over and over again not to worry...which is easier said than done, but know that you are doing great with E. He is a smart kid!!!