Some days with children can be exhausting in a bad way (like last Friday). Other days are exhausting in a good way, like today. E and I had a FANTASTIC day together!
We started off the morning by eating breakfast together with Daddy before he went to work.
Then we went to the library for story time and arrived just as the it opened. E and I got our "ticket" and went to look for books, but he decided to play with the puzzles instead. Story time doesn't begin until 9:30, so at about 9:20, he was getting rather anxious. He would point to the door, start clapping his hands, moving back and forth as though he were dancing, and whine because he wanted to go in so badly.
As soon as he saw that he door opened, he bolted off of my lap and ran into the room. E found us a place to sit and quickly picked up the shakers to make some noise. We had so much fun singing songs together like Milkshake and Skinnamarink. He completely knows the routine and is SO comfortable there. When the instructor, Beth, pulled out the parachute, all the kids were sitting in their parent's laps. E jumps up and runs over to her to grab a hold of it. It made me laugh out loud! He was up and about when the bubbles made an appearance and quickly went to get the toys when Beth brought those out too.
After he helped clean up, Beth said she had stickers for the kids. When E heard this, he ran up (away from me) towards her. He waited patiently for his sticker and had a big smile on his face when he put it on his shirt. (I was so impressed at how comfortable he was to be away from me. It eased my nerves about his uneasiness around others.) Once he had his sticker, he walked away from Beth and couldn't find me mixed in with the other parents. Instead of crying, he just looked around and called "Mama? Mama?" I would call his name back and he finally saw me. He ran over with a big smile. (Such a relief!)
I must also add that when we go to places, E tends to be rather clingy and wants to be held. At the library, it was as though he owned the place. He walked around on his own and would hold my hand, guiding me around. (I'm assuming it's because my mom takes him every week!)
We headed home, had some lunch, and then E took a nap. He woke up after about an hour and fifteen minutes. When I went to get him, he asked for mommy milk. I decided to lay down with him on our bed. Turns out, we both napped for another hour and a half!
I needed to get some things at the craft store and he was so good while we were there. He helped my pick out some of the items I needed and stayed in the cart almost the whole time.
Since it's so hot out, I thought we could go for some "ice cream". We actually went to a place with frozen yogurt where all of it is either nonfat, soy, gluten free, or lactose free. E had the "original" flavor and pomegranate blueberry with blueberries. I had chocolate with Oreos. :-) We ate our frozen treats and then E asked for more when it was all gone. I told him that there wasn't anymore and he pointed to the machines where we got it. So I had to tell him that we didn't buy any more. After cleaning up our mess, we walked back to the car and E waved goodbye to the store. I think he liked it.
We had a great time at home playing and he was great during bath and bedtime.
Such a good day today! Let's see how tomorrow goes!
Just some fun videos from today:
He really wanted my phone...
He kept doing this on the tile for about 5 minutes straight. I tried to get him to do it on the rug, but refused.
My little musician...
1 comment:
I am so glad you guys had a great day!!! Doesn't days like this make being a mommy so rewarding?! Love it!!
Where do you go for story time? And do they always do activities like that or do they sit and read books the majority of the time?
Post a Comment