Breastfeeding

Friday, July 9, 2010

Yuck

This morning, Evan decided that he wanted to wake up at 4:45 and not go back to sleep.

I made some french toast for breakfast and let Evan taste it, but didn't like it much. Instead he had a some cheerios, yogurt, and strawberries for breakfast.

He was so tired that he fell asleep for his morning nap in about 15 minutes and slept for about an hour and half...a little longer than normal.

He got up, changed his diaper, and we played a little "tickle monster". After picking him up off the changing table, he was cuddly, and laid his head on my shoulders...very rare for him to do. I was thinking at that moment about how I just wanted to savor the moment as long as he was there.

The second he raised his head, it struck. Vomit. Lots of vomit. Continuous vomit. Everywhere.

My face (I had to close my mouth because I could feel it around my lips). It covered my arms and shirt sleeves. It went down my shirt and into my bra. The front of my shirt was drenched. It got in my hair and over my shoulders. It even hit my pants.

Evan's shirt was covered as well and it went down his face and neck.

There were chunks of strawberries on the both of us and the floor. It was his delicious breakfast...everywhere but in his belly.

And the smell...

Poor little guy had a look on his face as though he was wondering what just happened.

I cleaned him off first and the me. I think I got more vomit in my hair when o tool my shirt off. We both had a bath to get cleaned up. Evan then sent the morning on just a diaper and on threw on some raggedy clothes in case he struck again.


In the end, the clothes went into the trash. But not before I took pictures.

WARNING!!
GRAPHIC VOMIT PHOTOS TO FOLLOW!

















3 comments:

The Richardson's said...

um- where are those pics??

The Richardson's said...

and FYI- once Matthew started sleeping through the night, it was about a 6 month stretch where he woke up everyday at 5am.

He now makes it to about 6am but it can also be earlier. Since sleeping through the night, he has never slept past 6:30am.

Just so you know...it might be the trade off.

The Richardson's said...

hahahahaha. so freaking gross. I feel for you and am really glad you took pictures.

It made me laugh in disgust for you. I hope you called Paul right after it happened to share your pain with him!!