Breastfeeding

Friday, July 9, 2010

TSLS: week one completed!

It's been an entire week since we started the Sleep Lady Shuffle and I must say that we've seen quite an improvement. The past two night, Evan has fallen asleep at bedtime almost entirely on his own. He started to cry when I moved into the doorway (my new position) and then settled himself after a minute or two. It's rather sweet and refreshing listening to him talk and soothe himself to sleep.

Naps are still my nemesis. He still will fuss, cry and scream and will sometimes play for a while. Today he screamed and fell asleep after about 15 minutes. It seems as the more I try to calm him, the angrier and more frustrated that he gets. I'm still praying that he falls asleep. I know he's not hurt, hungry, scared, just frustrated and upset that I'm there and not picking him up.

He's also been waking around 4 or 5 am. I'm trying to get him back down, sometimes it works and sometimes, like today, it doesn't.

It is so nice to know that at least now he's getting the more solid sleep that he needs. Even with his "fussing" at naps, he's still the happy smiley boy that we love. He's so happy to run around, play, and of course...poop.

No comments: