Breastfeeding

Friday, July 3, 2009

Weight loss

I'm completely surprised at how quickly I've been losing the "baby weight". I started the pregnancy weighing 135 pounds. This first photo is when I was 11 weeks pregnant and still not showing.


I ended the pregnancy weighing 160 pounds at my 39 week appointment; four days before my due date. The following picture was taken on my due date.


Currently, my scale at home says 135. We'll see what the doctor's says on Monday at my two-week check-up! Finally, this one was taken this morning. I tried on a pair non-maternity jeans...another inch or so and I can wear them again! (I think I've gained hips...they're a little snug now!)

3 comments:

The Richardson's said...

Isn't it great?! Same thing happened to me.

Hope you are enjoying breastfeeding, it is tough but it has so many great benefits for everyone!!! (well, except husbands, they can't touch the boobs for awhile unless they want milk leaking on them, haha)

Mattie said...

Sarah, I am enjoying breastfeeding. There are still times when I've been feeding him for two hours and it's 3 am and each time I put him down he wakes up where I think it would be nice to bottle feed him. But I wouldn't trade watching his face during each minute of feeding or feeling him close to me for anything. Well, maybe a few hours of sleep!

Josh and Jenni said...

You both make me sick! (Just kidding I love you). I am just hoping this 50 pounds goes as quickly as it has for you two. But I am not holding my breath...