Breastfeeding

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Three weeks

Evan is three weeks old today! We've had a rough few days as Evan doesn't like to sleep much lately. He eats plenty, when when it's time to go to sleep he fights it off. He's also been sounding like his nose is stuffed. I'm thinking that part of the reason that he can't sleep is because of this congestion. His nose isn't running and doesn't seem sick otherwise. The other part about it is that it's not constant. Sometimes he sounds stuffed and other times he doesn't.

As far as other news...

#1. We've discovered a few ways to calm Evan down when he's fussy: a blow dryer, the "Superman" hold (as seen in the video posted earlier), and pacing around the house very quickly.

#2. I've noticed that Evan wakes up in the morning between 6:30-7:30 and is up for about two hours before going back to sleep. He also tends to go down for the night around 12:00-1:00 am. That's about as much of a "schedule" or "routine" that we have thus far. It's not much, but it's something.

#3. We still absolutely adore him each and every day!! Even when he looks like this...




1 comment:

Josh and Jenni said...

It is amazing how much you learn in such a short time. I am reading like crazy, but who knows... I am sure I will be asking for help some time. The superman video is adorable. :o)