After my post yesterday about Evan not sleeping much, we made a breakthrough! After nearly two hours of feeding/swaddling/blow drying/rocking/swinging/pacifying/crying (both mom and baby)...we finally got Evan to sleep! I just let decided to let him nurse laying down with me in bed and we both fell asleep...for SIX hours!! Whether or not you should or shouldn't co-sleep with your baby, it let both all three of us get some much needed sleep. Besides, after not having your baby sleep for more than about 10 minutes at a time from 4:30 pm till midnight, I'll do whatever it takes! Well, just not letting him "cry it out".
3 comments:
As long as you are following guidelines for safe co-sleeping, you should do what works for your family.
http://www.naturalfamilyonline.com/5-ap/312-co-sleeping-safety.htm
I have done this with Matthew. He goes through phases where sleeping next to me is the only thing that will calm him down. We will do this for a few days or a week, then he will go back to normal and sleep in his crib.
I know you are safe and honestly, I do know from experience...when your baby does not sleep it is the worst. You are so tired, you get too emotional and you start making bad decisions. So getting 6 hours of sleep is amazing and you should do whatever you need to and don't let anyone tell you different!
That is so funny to read after he slept through the entire shower yesterday. :o) I hope his sleeping continues and remember every family is different, so do what works for you! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment