Breastfeeding

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Back to work...

I have officially returned back to work. Yesterday, teachers reported back to school. On Monday, school starts. That's only if our school has the power turned on to the majority of our buildings and we pass inspection. A little part of me is praying that we don't and school is postponed a day or two. Yes, that will mean we'll have to tack on those days at the end. It also means that I can stay at home another day or two with Evan. I contemplated taking another two weeks off at the beginning of the school year to fulfill my 8 weeks of family leave. However, considering that the new FMLA paperwork arrived YESTERDAY and I'd have to get my doctor to complete it again, then have my principal approve the time off before being able to get a sub, and then have to plan for a sub. I just didn't think it was worth all the effort to then have to come back two weeks into the year and start over with my classroom management. I guess the one good thing about going back to work is that coming home is so much more exciting now that I have two handsome men waiting for me!

2 comments:

Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

You sound like you're handling the transition pretty well. I'm impressed! Good luck with your class!

Ashley Majorek said...

Hopefully going back to work won't be so bad?! I don't know what it's like but just know that there are lots of women do it and you're strong so I know you'll do great with the transition?! Hang in there :o)