Breastfeeding

Sunday, August 7, 2011

thankful

I know we have a few months left until Thanksgiving, but I couldn't let today go by without saying thanks.

- To my husband who is always there to ease my nerves and encourages me when I am a nervous mess, who gets up without complaint when our son wakes up in the middle of the night and wanders into the hall, who massages me nightly to help my swollen feet, who reads through various scripts to help me prepare for this child's arrival, and who asks for nothing in return.

- To my amazing first born who surprises me each day with something new that he has learned, whose smile can make me melt, and whose tears break me into pieces, who taught me that love is truly selfless, and who makes me want to be a better person for his sake.

- To my new little guy who will make his arrival someday soon, who will teach me how love can only multiply, and who will teach me all new things about myself as a woman and as a mother.

I love you all. You make me complete.

1 comment:

The Richardson's said...

That baby must be coming soon...you are getting sappy. Same thing happened to me the week Lucas came!