E used to nurse once, maybe twice a day while I was pregnant. I knew that there would be the likelihood that he would want to nurse more once his brother arrived and I was right. He now nurses every time he sees his brother and even when I'm not nursing G.
My concern is that now he is eating very little food because it seems as though he is filling up on breast milk. I don't mind tandem nursing, in fact I really like it because it's almost the only time get with E. Paul and my mom try to distract him, but it often leads to fits and tears and to me it's not worth it. I find myself having to nurse in another room if it's close to mealtime so he will eat, but then I feel guilty and don't like hiding it from him. I have also tried limiting the amount of time he nurses by counting down. That seems to help a little - he still gets to nurse, but doesn't get a full tummy. I'm hoping that if I "don't offer, don't refuse" that maybe he will begin to lower the amount of nursing sessions.
I know it's a big change for him having a new brother who gets "mommy milk" all the time. Anyone have any ideas on how to make this go a little smoother for both of us?
No comments:
Post a Comment