Breastfeeding

Sunday, May 1, 2011

23.5 weeks

I dreamt the other night that I had a quick labor and lasted about three hours. It was so quick that we didn't have time to call my doula. I was in such a state of relaxation, that my little boy's birth was completely effortless. Now that's what I call an incredible birth! I think these HypnoBirthing classes are getting into my sub-conscience.

I went shopping for some new maternity clothes today. As much as I love my belly and the baby growing inside of it, I did not love the fact that when I put on a medium shirt, it was too tight around my belly. Because of this, I had to purchase large shirts to make room for my growing belly, but they are now too loose around my chest and shoulders. It could be worse.

I had an appointment last week and have gained 19 pounds so far. I told my doctor what my plans are for birth and he is quite supportive of my choices. He has agreed to stay away from any artificial form of induction unless I reach 42 weeks. In addition, he said that if I do go beyond 40 weeks, he'd like to send me to the perinatologist for testing to make sure that the placenta, baby, and amniotic fluid are all right. I will be birthing our little boy at Good Sam and will be requesting a room with a birthing tub. If I test positive for group B, my medication will be administered through a hep-lock rather than IV. Believe me, I will be bringing my yoga ball and wearing my own clothes!

baby boy is growing and getting stronger. He loves to jab and roll in the mornings on the way to work and in the evenings when I lay down to go to bed. He's pretty quite, but you can tell he's there when he moves around! Like I said, he's getting stronger!

I haven't gotten sick in a while either. Woohoo!

Baby still has no name.

His big brother loves to kiss him.

Mommy and Daddy love to love him.

All of us can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

The Richardson's said...

I seem to remember weekly belly pics with evan...

glad you have no been sick in awhile. I think I last threw up around 6 months. Hope that means you are done too!!

I am glad you are having relaxing dreams about labor. It will be great!!