Breastfeeding

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

two (not so) random things

#1 - This has been happening for some time now, but I just actually thought about the fact that I should be posting about it. E draws pictures with meaning. He will "tell" you if it's a dog or bird or Dada. Of course it doesn't actually look like it, but the teacher in me is glad to know that my son makes the connection that pictures (and soon letters) have meaning.

#2 - While I was getting E's bath ready and he was playing in the bathroom, I thought to myself, "Hmm...I wonder if my hair is long enough for a ponytail?" So I pulled all my hair back and just as I finished, E looked at me, began to whimper, and almost started crying. I immediately let go of my hair and reassured him it was still me. It wasn't until then that I realized he's never seen me with all of my hair pulled back because it has always been too short. The next afternoon, I was telling my mom the same story and when I pulled my hair back, he flipped out again. guess that means no ponytails for me. At least not for a while.

No comments: