Breastfeeding

Sunday, April 24, 2011

uninspired

It seems as though I have no creative thought left in my brain. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that in a few short months we will have a new little life for which to care. The room that will be his is full of boxes, wrapped/boxed baby toys/supplies, computers, desks, a treadmill, tv, files, etc. Nothing that relates to him really, besides the wrapped up baby items.

I want to create an inviting room that is colorful, yet soothing. What makes it worse is that I don't want to have to paint. I have enough on my hands already and painting is not part of it!

For E, we just did the usual Babies 'R Us bedding, but this time, I don't want that necessarily. I want something a bit more unique. I want to see something - a painting, an object, something! - that catches my eye and makes me say, "YES! That's it!"

So far, I have nothing.

I thought about a vintage bicycle theme. Or maybe some bright accent color like red or green. Nothing is really sticking. (Kind of like the fact that no names are popping out at me.)

It's driving me nuts.

Any ideas!?!

2 comments:

Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

Have you seen the bunting/pennant banners that are all over? I think you could either make one or find one in colors that you like and realte it to something else where you might find pennants (circus or baseball). Then it even relates back to something you love too (guard).

The Richardson's said...

considering that poor Luke still does not have a room, a real crib, bedding...

I am no help, haha.

I like the retro idea...like old bikes, or old-fashioned cars, or cowboys...or maybe vintage baseball

that would be cool

http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=617&site=search&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=old+fashioned+baseball&aq=f&aqi=g8&aql=&oq=