Paul and I started the day by getting ready for church. When I was about to get my clothes out of my dresser, I noticed that one of the drawers was pulled out. Inside was a card and a wrapped present. I was completely surprised! Truly, I had not been expecting anything for Mother's Day - for the reason mentioned previously. I opened it up on the way to church and it was a jewelry box. (For a while now, Paul and I had talked about the fact that I don't have anywhere nice to put my jewelry. It usually just gets placed on the ring dish next to my sink in the bathroom.) Well, while I was checking out my gift, I opened up on of the compartments. Inside was a necklace with this pendant...
I also noticed on Mother's Day that people are much nicer to you, but it could be the fact that I'm pregnant. While offering each other a sign of peace, a man said, "Peace be with you, Mommy." On the way to get Communion, a woman behind me said, "Congratulations." At the Philosophy store, the five women working there kept talking to be about how cute my belly is and how Evan is a great name and that I should take in pictures of him once he is born. The girl at the register in Toys 'R Us also said "Happy Mother's Day." I'm thinking that everyday should be Mother's Day!
We then spent some time with Paul's family at his sister's house. There I received cards from his family and flowers from his mom. Paul was also able to spend some time practicing for when Evan arrives by playing with his nephew, Benjamin.
We had dinner at my parent's house that night too. It's always nice going to see our families, although I wish they all lived closer to each other...the day seems so long when we have to drive everywhere. But it is well worth spending time with family.All in all, my first Mother's Day was more than I could have asked!
5 comments:
your husband gets points for that very thoughtful gift!
Glad you had a nice day.
What is Benjamin wearing!?!??!?!
You are so lucky to have such a thoughtful romantic husband :)
Yes, Valerie, I know. Blame it on his father. What's better is that every time I told Benjamin if he wanted to change clothes he would smile like crazy. Smart kid.
No mention of my gift to you. I see how it is.
Post a Comment