Breastfeeding

Thursday, May 21, 2009

37 weeks

Another doctors appointment...sigh. This one was the least exciting one yet. I was told that my Group B Strep test came back positive, therefore, I will have to received two doses of penicillin during labor so that it doesn't transfer to Evan. After my exam today, we were also told that there has been no change since last week. My doctor wanted another ultrasound to make sure that it was Evan's head he was feeling down there because my cervix hadn't softened at all. He gave us some suggestions as to what we could do to help out. One of those was sitting on a medicine ball, which I am doing as I type. Looks like Evan is just fine being in my belly for now. Too bad his parents would like to see him at some time!

As for other news...Paul and I installed the car seat in my car and the extra base into Paul's. We also received and filled out the paper work for the hospital so we won't have to do it when we actually get there.

Although it's not Evan related, I have some other TERRIFIC news...I get to keep my job! I received my recall Monday evening. What's even better is that I will be staying in my current classroom, grade level, and school! It is such a huge relief to Paul and me knowing that I will be employed and insured.
Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

3 comments:

The Richardson's said...

Lame about the strep thing, but good that they can prevent it transferring to Evan.

Start having lots of sex...maybe that will help move things along, haha. Not that I could even think about that those last few weeks...ugh!

Good news about your job, but now me and Ash will miss you from the stay-at-home Mom's club!

Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

Congrats on getting to keep your job. Yay for you!

As for Mr. Evan, I remember being so hopeful going to each of those last appointments thinking I was going to be seriously dilated because I just wanted to meet him already. I would sob the whole way home when there wasn't any change, so you're doing way better than I ever did!Just remember-no matter how long it takes or how forever it seems he's in there, it will all be totally worth it in the first second you see his precious face.

Ashley Majorek said...

Well first off, I am glad you got your job...I'm sure that makes both of you feel much better...although staying home would be loads of fun :o)

And I agree with Sarah, have lots of sex...that could be the only thing to bring him here!! Or you could eat lots of spicy food...I'm not sure how well that works?! And sex would be way more fun...not so sure with having a big belly?! ha ha ha