Breastfeeding

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

35 weeks

I was just thinking the other about how excited I was to reach the mark of having 12 weeks left. Now here I am writing that there are only 5 left to go. These next few weeks are going to go by ridiculously fast. This week I'm having a work baby shower, class on Thursday night, and celebrating Mother's Day over the weekend. Next week it's a breastfeeding class on Wed., doctor appointment on Thursday, Baptism class on Saturday. The following week there's another doctor appointment (since we'll be going every week starting the 14th), Paul's birthday on the 22nd, my last day of school on the 22nd (and I need to be packed and out of my classroom by this time), graduations, birthday parties, and Memorial Day. And that's the end of MAY!

We are still working on getting his nursery complete. As of right now, it seems as though a baby tornado has plowed through his room.

I'm hoping that it doesn't look this way much longer. We are slowly washing clothes and putting it away. We've order the wall decals for his name and they've been shipped. My mom is going to adjust the window valance. Paul finished the bookshelf and now we just need to put things in it. Every time I walk in Evan's room I stress. I know it will come together at some point.

I keep talking to Evan about a good time for him to come out and we've come to an agreement. We've decided that he should wait until after his dad's birthday, but come before his due date. He needs to have my fear of being late to things, especially his due date! But of course, I don't want him coming out if he's not going to be ready. :) I just want to have as much time with him during the summer before I have to return to work. He told me that he agrees and he'll make sure he's not late.

As for how he's doing...
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (but as we know, Evan already surpasses this). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

5 weeks to go!!

1 comment:

The Richardson's said...

don't stress about his room---he will be in your room for months anyways!

if you say he should wait to come out- he will come early when you are not ready. haven't you heard of murphy's law???

i asked matthew to wait until mark was home from tour. then we spent $1000 to fly him home from boston!!!

just sayin...