About two months ago, I decided to start a toy rotation with all the boys' toys. Our house seemed like it was trashed everyday, parts couldn't be found, items were ending up all over the house and in different rooms. Cleaning up was so challenging that we were not very good at it.
Paul went out and bought three large plastic containers for us to organize (throw) the toys in. Immediately, the house looked and felt cleaner. We left out the "big" toys that wouldn't fit into a tub as well as the "baby" toys for G. I planned on rotating the tubs out every week. That lasted a whole week. Now, we try to change them out every two to three weeks.
E doesn't seem to notice that they are missing until he walks into our closet where the tubs are or if he wants something in particular. Each time we pull out a new tub, he gets such a kick out of what he finds. I love his reaction!



No comments:
Post a Comment