Breastfeeding

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Paint chip matching

I hosted a Busy Bag Swap this morning.  For this event, I chose to create a paint chip matching bag that I found here.  Of course, I waited to the last minute to make it all.

Anyway...

I stopped by Home Depot to pick up some paint chip samples.  Even though they are free, something about walking away with 40 paint chip samples just doesn't feel right.  That's when I bought some clothespins. Paul had to run out to Wal-mart fo me to purchase some more clothespins because I didn't do my math correctly.


Using a paper cutter, I cut off the part of the paint samples that have words, leaving 3 3/4" of the sample. Then, I cut off 3/4" of the sample so that I could cut apart each shade of color to hot glue onto clothespins.  The remaining three inches were cut in half (2 shades in tact and the other 2 shades in tact).

Here's what my table looked like in the process. I apologize for the bad quality - this was taken at 10:00pm using my camera phone.

The paint samples and matching clothespins where then sorted into bags for distribution!

No comments: