Breastfeeding

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Potty training

Well, he's gone and done it. Big E can pee in the toilet! He started 8 days ago and has done really well. For the past several months, we've been having him sit on the toilet at bath time and watch us go to the bathroom. We talk about how big kids use the toilet and have read books to him about it too.recently, he's been wanting to go without a diaper or pants on around the house. Last Saturday, he was in his usual nudeness, when he wants to go that side with me and help me change out the carseats. I told him that he had to put pants on or wear his underwear. He didn't want pants. I told him that underwear slip on just like shorts and he put them on. (This was a great first step because he has not wanted to wear underwear until that point. Since then, he has only worn a diaper to poop or to sleep in at bedtime. We didn't even put a diaper on for naps, which I was a bit worried about at first. The first day he had one accident outside. The second day he had another accident outside. The third day he had two inside. From day 4, he hasn't had any. Although today he trickled a few drops on the floor, then Paul rushed him to the bathroom. I'm quite impressed how well he has done. I definitely thought it would be worse and I was not looking forward to this stage. However, we couldn't get E to poop on the toilet...until today. Just before bedtime, Paul was able to et him to go! Only a mother and father would be excited about pooping IN the toilet! Way to go, E! E are so proud of you, big boy!

1 comment:

The Richardson's said...

Glad it is going well. I hate potty training. I hope Luke just watches Matthew and does it on his own.