Breastfeeding

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

...is that sometimes I know too much.

Yes, that probably sounds conceited.  But it's not meant to be.

It means that I bring what the knowledge that I have about early childhood home, which is good, I guess.

I have started labeling our home to help create a more print-rich environment for E.  I've begun making letter recognition activities for E to do at home, but mainly focusing on the letters in his first and last name.  I recently read an article about preschool readiness and student's being able to recognize their names.  I think I'm getting carried away. Next, I want to make him an alphabet book with Velcro letters for identification.  


Here's what I have done so far...

Pictures of our family with names


Word/letter match - first and last name

Labels for print-rich environment


I found some cute Highway ABC cards and brought them out for E.  He really enjoyed driving his cars on the "roads" and would follow the correct letter formation path.

One of the issues that we work on with E is his difficulty at bed time. I created a picture schedule a few months ago to help out with the routine leading up to bedtime.  He liked taking off each picture card as we finished each step. I found the clip art images and Thomas pajamas on Google. I apologize for not having proper credits for each of them. Then again, at the time it didn't occur to me that I'd be posting about it.


No comments: