Breastfeeding

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Winter Vacation, part 3

Day #11 - The day after E's vomiting incident, we had planned to go up to Williams for the Polar Express. We waited for a few hours in the morning to see if he would still be sick.  He only vomited some fluid soon after waking, so we decided to go ahead and make the trek up anyway.  We left around noon with E, and G stayed home with my parents overnight.  (This was my first time leaving G and being the second child doesn't make it any easier. I still cried when we left.) E did fairly well on the ride up.  He had napped earlier that morning, so he didn't sleep on the way up, even though he was pretty close to it a few times. When we arrived at the hotel, Paul's sister and her family pulled up just as we did. E was REALLY excited to see his cousins!  We checked in, and then went walking around to check things out and pick up our tickets.


 Paul's sister, Paul, and Paul's brother-in-law
We headed back to the hotel to change into our pajamas and then have some dinner before the train ride.  I was exited to hear E asking for food, but as we were eating dinner, E got down from his chair and vomited some more fluid.  This time, he aimed at me.  I had to rush back to the hotel room to change after eating.  E managed to enjoy the train ride (somewhat).  We had a lot of fun singing songs, listening to the Polar Express, eating cookies and hot chocolate, and even meeting Santa!  He also gave each child a bell!  After our fun ride to the North Pole, it was time for bed. 

Cousins

 Our chefs
 Paul's sister and her family
 Asleep with his bell
 Day #12 - The next morning, we woke up, packed up, and headed out for some coffee and snow!

 Caught a snowball in mid-flight!



 Trying to make a snowman
 Not happy to go home

Once we arrived back into town, we dropped off our things at home, had some lunch, then headed down to my parent's house to pick up G and celebrate Christmas with them. My mom rocked and made my grandmother's spaghetti recipe.  It was delicious!

Day #13 - We FINALLY had the chance to relax.  We had nothing planned to do that day.  Yahoo!

Day #14 - E had his speech therapy session and his SLP says he is doing so well!  We have a meeting to rewrite his family goals and talk about the preschools screening process. (Preschool, already!?)

Day #15 - New Year's Eve- We went to Paul's dad's house to hang out with his sister and her kids. After naps, we headed to the zoo for a bit.  We arrived about 25 minutes until closing, but actually didn't leave until 45 minutes AFTER closing.  Oh well! Paul and I celebrated NYE with Mexican food, a movie, and champagne. It was just the kind of night we needed!

Day #16 - New Year's Day - We headed to my mother-in-law's for a family get together.  Other than the fact that G didn't nap well (or at all) while we were there, the day went pretty well!

Today was Paul's last day of vacation and I am not looking forward to him going back.  Heck, I'm not looking forward for ME to be going back to work on Tuesday.  I've had way too much fun with the kids, even though there were some rough patches.  These vacations make me realize how much I am missing out on when I'm at work, but I'm so thankful that I have a profession that allows me to have these breaks!

No comments: