Breastfeeding

Thursday, January 19, 2012

growing

I remember telling Paul when I was pregnant with G that from the time our kids were conceived, all they're going to do is grow - and how sad it made me.

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to the experiences we have yet to encounter and I look forward to seeing what type of men they will turn into.  But at the same time, it's sad to see little bits of babyhood disappear.

For example:

E no longer says "wawa" for water. Instead, he says "water".  Just one little piece of him being a baby is gone.  He now also says "Gama" instead of "Nama" for grandma.

The last time he nursed was Sunday and it was only for about 20 seconds. Each day he has asked for milk, but I can either say he can have some later or I distract him with something else (going outside, blueberries, chocolate milk). He only asked once today (in the evening) and when I told him we could have some later, he was ok with it, and didn't ask again.  Twice now he's pointed out when G has been eating, "Baby all done. Me Momma milk?" and then goes in to pretend to have some, but never latches on.

E has been talking so much more now, too. Just the other day he said hippopotamus and is chunking together almost complete sentences.  He loves to sing the Hokey Pokey, ABC's, Frosty the Snowman, I've Been Working on the Railroad, the theme song to Wonder Pets, My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean, and Oh, Dear What Can the Matter Be, and Oh, The Big Ship Sails on the Ali-ali-o.  He ran into our bedroom as I was getting ready for work and excitedly tells me, "Momma! Really, really, really big bubbles! Out dere, in da sake!" Apparently Paul was making a fruit shake and it started bubbling while it was being blended.

He picked up a palm frawn the other day on a bike ride with Paul and had many splinters get into the palm of his had.  I had to take him to the doctor's office to have some of them removed.  He was such a good sport at first and colored while the doctor looked at his hand.  But once the digging and removing of the splinters started, the poor little guy began to cry hysterically and bury his face into my shoulders.  He was tough though because he never once tried to move his hand away from the doctor.


As far as G goes, I'll talk more about him in his 5 month post this weekend.  That also amazes me...he's going to be 5 months old.  It's gone by so much faster than it did with E and I feel like I'm missing so much of it.

He still loves going outside and we try to get him out when the weather is nice enough.  He loves to ride his bicycle (with training wheels) and sings while he does so.  Today E started school again for the spring.  My parents told me that he's now one of the big kids in the class (the age range is 18-36 months). The teachers in the class can't wait for G to be old enough to go, so they said they'd take him sooner!


E still loves his brother about 95% of the time.  He starts to get frustrated when he's doing something fun (and alone with me, Paul, or my mom) and we have to stop to get G because he's crying. But nonetheless, he give his brother kisses and hugs each day, throughout the day.

No comments: