This little stinker is 5 months old!
Ain't he a doll?
One of the things that I love most about this kiddo is his ability to smile at everything. It could be at a person, the dog's tail wagging, my hair swinging back and forth while changing his diaper/clothes, the sound of a recognizable voice, or his brother making him laugh. I love that he smiles at everything.
There wasn't a well child visit this month, but I'm guessing he's probably around the 17-18 pound mark. He's getting a bit too snug in his 6 month jammies and onesies, so I might have to bring out the next tub of clothes one size up!
Here are some of his recent activities/updates:
- This child still only poops about once a week, but he has the most foul smelling gas. You know - silent, but deadly?
- He isn't too fond of tummy time or being on the floor at all really. He'd much rather be sitting up and taking in the world around him, especially his brother, or being held.
- G likes to stand as much as he can. If he's sitting in your lap, he will arch his back and straighten his legs to try to stand. Think it might be time to get the activity jumper put together again.
- Rolls from tummy to back, but no back to tummy yet. He gets onto his side (sometimes).
- Drools nonstop. My mom usually puts a bib on him while we're at work so that the doesn't have to continuously change his clothes each day.
- I think I'm starting to see what may bud into teeth soon on his bottom gums.
- Sleeps pretty well at night. He will fall asleep between 6:30-7:00 most nights and wake around 5:00-5:30 for a feeding, then sleep again until somewhere between 6:30-7:30. The past two nights he has woken up at 2, so I'm hoping that doesn't become a habit.
- Swinging my hair back and forth makes him laugh hysterically
- He now sits at the dinner table with us when we eat. I'm pretty sure that he thinks it's torture to watch us eat and he doesn't get too because it seems as though he starts salivating and then starts chewing the excess saliva. I'm thinking that once he does start solids, he's going to love eating more than he already does.
- Can fall asleep nursing, being held, or in his crib with/without a pacifier.
- His naps are still pretty irregular in length.
- Likes to be swaddled to sleep, but very easily gets himself out of it within a few hours of night time sleep.
- Loves to watch his brother and tries to watch the t.v.(so we have to turn him around or move to another room)
- Makes us unbelievably happy!


1 comment:
Sounds like an overall easy going little guy! Lucky. He is super cute and I can see Evan in him.
Cute!!!
Post a Comment