Here we go again with the sleep issues...and it's our fault again.
I'm sitting here outside Evans room listening to him scream and cry while he jumps around his room in utter frustration that I will not go in and lay down with him to fall asleep. He's probably pretty aggravated that we no longer want to continue the two hour bedtime routine of trying to get him to fall asleep. I think he's FINALLY settling down in his bed and I hear the little whimper/sniffles from his cries. It never feels any better listening to your child cry. :-(
Ugh.
Signed,
Frustrated and Heartbroken
2 comments:
Yep. We are in the same boat. Matthew has been a great sleeper, but he had a really bad dream while Mark was gone and Lucas is teething- so I was exhausted.
Needless to say- HUGE mistake- I let him lay down with me. Now after 2 years of staying in his own bed, he has come to try and get in our bed every night. UGH!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!
So frustrating- and totally my fault. We will have to be strong together!
I'm sorry friend...we're in the same boat (with the exception of tonight)...
They were doing really well w/ laying down by themselves and they got sick a few weeks back and so I let them lay with us and/or I laid in their rooms and now it's the hardest thing we're dealing with. Every night they have to come in and honestly I am so tired that I can't handle listening to the screaming and crying---not to mention, I feel horrible letting them do it.
We can definitely go through this together...it's beyond exhausting, both physically and emotionally. I hope things turn around for all of us very soon!!
Mom hugs!!!
Post a Comment