Last year we didn't do much for Easter besides going to church and being with family. This year, E is a bit older and I'm having a blast doing all the "fun stuff that Easter isn't really about" with him. So is Paul.
Once we rolled out of bed, I made some French Toast with cinnamon apple bread. (Delicious!) Then, I hard boiled a dozen eggs and prepped the dye while Paul played with E.
After covering the kitchen table, and our child, with some protection we were ready to dye! E had a blast just dropping the eggs into the dye and every now and again, you could hear the eggs cracking. He ended up crushing two of the eggs and we just let him discover what was inside those pretty shells.


After showering and getting ready and packing E's lunch, we headed down the street to the annual Easter parade in our town. We had never been and it ended up being really nice. People would pass by and give candy to the kids...er, Paul. Next year we know to get there early and not at 10 when the parade starts. E had fun looking and listening to the marching bands. After passing us, he would keep asking for "more drums" for the next several minutes. He loved seeing the firetruck, horses, and the guy in the bear costume.



Once E went to bed this evening, I prepped his first Easter basket from Paul and me. He did receive some last year, but again, really could have cared less. This year, I packed it with some bubbles, a garden shovel, some little instruments, a Thomas book, and two eggs (one filled with Goldfish and the other with raisins - which he'll LOVE).

I was talking to Paul and trying to figure out where to put it. I wanted it to be somewhere that he would be surprised to see it, rather than just out in the open. Paul suggested somewhere in our room since we will be rushing around trying to get ready to go to breakfast at my parents' house. Then he mentioned the bathtub. GENIUS! E loves playing in our bathtub while we get ready in the mornings. Couldn't have thought of a better place. Thanks, hubby!
3 comments:
I am so glad that I am not the only crazy who is not having the Easter Bunny give her kid lots of candy...
M will be getting organic fruit snacks and organic cracker snack mix in his eggs...haha
Paul and I are eating E's candy!
The boys got some fun toys too, although the Easter Bunny did leave some candy, but that is for us :o)
Post a Comment