Breastfeeding

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

I have been looking forward to this Christmas for many months now! I was excited to have time off from work, to see Evan celebrate it for the first time, and of course, to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

We started by going to my mother-in-law's house for cookie decorating and exchanging on the 23rd. I made gingerbread men and women for the first time. To tell the truth, I wasn't too happy with how they turned out...they were really hard. I also tried to buy a gingerbread cut out, but couldn't find one at the grocery store. (I mentioned to Paul that I would just make Christmas trees since I had that cutter, but when I came back from going to the bathroom there were two cookie cutters on the counter. One was a gingerbread man and the other a woman!) Anyway, we had a lot of fun eating, decorating, and exchanging cookies!

Christmas Eve was also spent at my mother-in-laws. We had a Bailey's toast, some delicious steak for dinner, and apple cobbler for dessert. Evan really loved playing with his grandma and aunts. We also opened up our Secret Santa* gifts and other family gifts that night. *Since there are 4 children in Paul's family and 4 significant others, we do a Secret Santa so that we only have to buy one gift. It works out quite nicely!

The next morning was Christmas! Evan and I woke up at 5:30 and started to make cinnamon rolls. Paul, Evan, and I opened our presents to each other early in the morning. My sister, brother-in-law, and best friend came over for breakfast. We had a yummy French toast breakfast and opened presents. The cinnamon rolls didn't work out...AGAIN! It later took my sister and I some time to realize that we had the wrong kind of yeast! We had used active yeast, not rapid-rising...NO WONDER!!

We then headed to my sister-in-laws home for Christmas dinner. They served a "traditional" dinner with turkey and all the fixings. I, however, was unable to enjoy dinner with everyone. I was upstairs trying to put a sick, tired, and fussy baby down for a nap. During my time upstairs, I told myself that I wasn't leaving until he got some sleep. Therefore, that meant that I ate about 30 minutes after everyone else had finished. Even the dishes had been cleaned while I was away! In the end, the food was still delicious and I'm thankful that I was able to get Evan some sleep that he much needed.
Evan really loved the wrapping paper on all the presents.
Christmas mess!
My brother-in-law and Paul trying to put together Evan's activity bouncer.Pooped out!My big boy on Christmas...sitting up on his own!Paul, Evan, and I had a wonderful Christmas and we are looking forward to another week off of work together as a family!

2 comments:

Josh and Jenni said...

Christmas is so much fun this year! Love that you guys get the same joy. :o)

Ashley Majorek said...

I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas!! I love his jammies...the boys have those too!!

You're cookies looked good!! I can't wait until they are bigger and make huge messes in the kitchen with decorating cookies!!