Breastfeeding

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Six months


Evan has celebrated his first half-birthday!

My little boy is growing so quickly! He's done so much this past month:

1. Sleeping through the night. He sleeps from about 7:30 at night until 5 or 5:30. Occasionally Evan will wake for a short feeding between 3 and 4.

2. Sitting up unsupported. We still place him in his Bumbo chair, but are spending much more time on the floor sitting up.

3. Rolling over. Evan still really only does this at night. We'll wake up due to him crying because he's flipped himself. He doesn't really like sleeping on his tummy all that much right now.

4. Pulling himself up...kind of. If you put Evan close to his activity mat or swing, he'll hold onto the bars and pull himself up (while you hold him...not entirely on his own.) He like to bounce up and down as he holds on.

5. Laughing and squealing. Yes, he's been doing this for a while. Now however, it much louder and more high pitched. It also seems to happen more often.

6. Solid foods. Evan was exclusively breastfed for the past six months (with a day of formula while he had jaundice at the hospital when he was born.) Today, two days after his six month birthday, he had sweet potatoes for the first time. We decided he was ready since he has been trying to take my food out of my hands for the past few days. I've decided to make Evan's baby food and I'm so glad that I did. We now have sweet potato puree to last at least a month and it cost us about $.75. During the feeding Evan really enjoyed playing with his spoon. He wasn't so sure about the sweet potato. I was able to get some into his mouth with the spoon and my finger. Evan was quite successful in getting it all over himself.



8. Zoolights. We attended our first trip to Zoolights as a family of three. Paul and I had fun meeting up with friends and Evan had fun sleeping the whole time.


These past six months have passed us by so quickly. I know that the next six will go by just as fast. I still cry when I look back at his "baby" pictures from the day he was born. Every now and then, I cry when I'm nursing him and stroking his baby soft arms, legs, or touching his hair. Even now I look at his face and see him as such a "big boy" and I can see how much he's changed since birth. I am so thankful to be blessed with such a wonderful little boy. I can't wait to see what he does next.






1 comment:

The Richardson's said...

yeah! happy half birthday!

My favorite part of your post- it cost you .75 cents to feed him for a month!!!!!!

AWESOME! making baby food is the BEST!!