Breastfeeding

Friday, January 8, 2010

What a start

It's hard to believe that we are already in the year 2010. Here's a quick recap of the past 8 days in the new year.

- Paul and I celebrated New Years Eve with a quiet evening at home. Evan was in bed by 7:00 and we had a nice romantic dinner by ourselves. We made homemade bruschetta with mozzerella, spaghetti, salad, and enjoyed a bottle of wine. By the time midnight drew near, Paul opened a bottle of Gloria Ferrer champagne (from our Napa/Sonoma anniversary trip in 2008) and I was searching for a local channel to watch the countdown. However, nothing local was being televised! (If it was, we couldn't find it.) As we were scanning channels, the time on the clock near our t.v. read 11:59 and Paul wanted me to pick something quickly. We settled on watching Carson Daly and when we reached the channel all we saw were people cheering, kissing, and confetti falling. Paul and I missed the countdown. Figures. The champagne was still good. Then again, I had to pump and dump that night.


- We tried the Ferber Method with Evan again for the second time.

- We stopped using the Ferber Method with Evan for the second time. Now we still let him fall asleep on his own, but if he cries we'll go comfort him. It works so much better that way.

- I'm back to work. It's the downhill slide until the end of school. Only about 17 weeks to go!

- I started up with my masters classes again. I've complete 21 hours of a 36 hour program. After having Evan, I decided to take a semester off and just focus on trying to figure out the mom thing. I'm so glad I did! The course I'm in currently is the last one I need in order to receive my reading endorsement. Only four more after this and then hopefully I'll be graduating in December.


- Evan scratched my face.


- I experience my first ever soaked shirt from milk leakage. That was fun.

4 comments:

The Richardson's said...

Kelly Mom says you don't have to pump and dump...just fyi.

http://kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/alcohol.html

how have you not soaked a shirt with milk yet????? I have leaked through millions...maybe it is because I always forgot "boobie pads".

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

Mattie said...

Ah! Good thing you sent me that kellymom link! As far as boobie pads, I never leave home without them.

Josh and Jenni said...

I went to Joe's BBQ one day with one pad on and one pad off. Literally as I lifted my hand to point to a side dish I started leaking all over my tray. Guess I really wanted some mac and cheese... So embarrassing! I asked Josh to pay for the food and I went to sit down, in the corner where no one could see me!

Ashley Majorek said...

I swear on this, I have not been breastfeeding for quite a while now and I still leak!! All of a sudden there goes my perfectly nice dry shirt/bra!! It's crazy!

Why is it that babies nails are so stinking sharp?! Hopefully your face healed...at least before he does it again :)

Yay 2010!!!