
After a very LONG and stressful week, we've chosen to take a break from Dr. Ferber and his method. We now have a much more cheerful and talkative baby who now can sleep through the night and get himself to sleep after being nursed and rocked until he's ALMOST asleep. Evan did learn how to soothe himself through all of the tears and screaming, but it wasn't getting better. Paul and I thought it best not to continue. Now that doesn't mean we might not try again. But for now...I think everyone on our household is much relieved. Especially Evan!
It seems that the day after we started Ferberizing him, he started making this sad face. Coincidence?!?

We are also looking forward to a wonderful Christmas break! My vacation starts on Monday and Paul has an entire week off from Christmas Eve to New Years. The three of us went and purchased our Christmas tree and then Paul and I decorated once Evan had gone to bed.
On Sunday, we went and visited Paul's grandmother. She just loves when Evan comes to see her. He wasn't too sure about her at first, but warmed up towards the end of our visit.

And to finish the post, a video of my happy little baby!
3 comments:
Don't worry about changing or taking a break from his bed time routine/method, you and Paul will figure out what works best for all of you!
That is the best video ever!
That video is so stinkin cute! I love his laugh!!
Post a Comment