Evan has been up to a lot this month. Here's a list of what's going on:
1. My mom told us the other day that she and Evan were playing with his favorite lion toy. She said she moved it away and he started to cry!
2. Evan seems to enjoy pointing to/grabbing at things with his right hand. His left hand he uses to pull up his pant legs.
3. He doesn't like riding in the car for too long.
4. Evan's fists have become his new sucking device. He ends up with slobber all over his mouth and hands. It's quite adorable.

5. We've noticed that Evan is often happy playing and talking in his crib after waking from a nap. It's good to know that he enjoys being in there!
6. Paul loves that Evan is so talkative now. Each day it's like he trying so hard to tell us something and babbles are the only way he knows how to communicate. He's often quite LOUD in the mornings too!
7. Evan still loves his ceiling fans.
8. He's also enjoying sitting up more.
9. Tummy time is increasing, but his fondness for it...not so much.
10. Rolling hasn't quite occurred, although Evan definitely leans a lot!
11. We attended Evan's first Academy rehearsal.

12. Evan smiles a lot when you make eye contact with him or from hearing the sound of our voices.
13. Evan's grown into Superman! Each night I seem to wake up to a baby in a half-swaddle.
14. The bassinet is getting to be too small for Evan. Or is it that Evan's getting to big for the bassinet?
15. Paul's getting more sleep at night! Well, we all are! Evan's been able to sleep for longer periods at night. I still have to get up to pump, but at least I can get back to bed afterward. Last night Evan slept from 9pm-4am with only two brief restlessness periods at 1:30am and 3:00am. His daytime schedule is somewhat consistent. He's up between 5:45 and 6:15am, then takes a nap around 7:30. When I get home, I've noticed he starts getting tired around 5:30 or 6:00pm. I try to get him down, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll stay asleep. We're still working on it!
For the next month, we are planning on continuing to get Evan some good naps during the day and a consistent nap and bedtime routine. Our next big step is to move Evan into his crib at night over my fall break in October. (We'll see how well that works out!) Evan's next Dr.'s appointment is October 33 and I can' wait to see how much he's changed!



3 comments:
He's getting so big, I love it! :)
Evan & Lincoln have something in a common...they don't like long car rides! Lately when I come home from the hospital Lincoln screams his head off!!!
Evan's getting so big! He looks great! Can't wait to meet him soon!
How fun! I know this might sound crazy, but I swear Evan and Madelyn could be related. They look so similar in some pictures, like the Academy reh one. Anyway... love your family!
Post a Comment