
The other day I was telling Paul how I decided to go back and read some of my posts from the last week or two of my pregnancy. It's amazing how that time feels like to long ago, almost as though it never existed. Now we have this incredible new love in our lives.

I've read that if you can make it through the first 12 weeks, that the rest gets better. I don't know how true that is, but it seems to get easier and then he challenges us to our limits...like last night. After several night of 5-6 hour sleeping stretches, we had a tough time getting Evan to bed. I was even up for two hours trying to get him back to sleep just after midnight.
Even though some days are tougher than others, it's amazing how one little smile or laugh can turn the day around, or even that milisecond. Some of my favorite moments are when he smiles when he's nursing (like today - sitting in rocking chair, singing, nursing, and Evan smiling every other second), when he now uses his hands to calm himself when he's fussy (he almost got himself back to sleep last night and today by sucking on his fists), when he rubs his head on my shoulder when it's naptime, watching him play and laugh and hit his toys with his fists on his activity mat, when he sighs, and when Evan smiles the moment I start talking to him when I get home.
Evan with his daddy shirt...
Checking out his feet...

Playing with Grandma Marie...
1 comment:
Yeah! Happy 3 month birthday! Some things do get way easier...some things get way harder.
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment