Well, I posted about what's going on with Evan, but I figured I could add about myself. I'm doing pretty well so far. There are moments when I'm alone with Evan and I just start crying because I'm so happy, thankful, and in love. This week I've dealt with two incidences of plugged milk ducts. They're not very fun and, in fact, quite painful. Good thing Sarah R. gave me some great advice on how to get them out!
I'm still teaching and therefore still pumping. It's pretty interesting knowing that leaving the house for more than 3 hours requires me to take along my backpack (my pump). Yesterday I went to get my haircut and to a friend's baby shower. During the shower I and had to excuse myself for about 20 minutes to go pump in the car. Paul and I went to a baseball game last weekend...pumped in the car on the way there. I have a field trip tomorrow to Chase Field...all I can think about is "when am I going to pump?"
Evan has been kind enough to let us sleep in some nice long chunks at night, but that doesn't get rid of how tired Paul and I still are. Last night I was nursing Evan laying down to get him ready for bed...we both fell asleep. It was 8:15pm. Granted, that's not the first time it's happened either.
Besides that, I think I'm doing well. At least I hope I am!
**The following was dded three hours after posting**
I was putting away Evan's laundry and adding his breathable bumper to his crib, when I decided that it was finally time to put away some of the clothes that he no longer fits into. I started to cry. As I as putting away some blankets I came across the baby beanies that we were give and some that we purchased. Underneath all of them were the two hospital caps that we he wore. Then I just lost it. I don't want my baby to get bigger!!
1 comment:
omg i totally cried when I put away matthew's newborn stuff. I still cry if I look at it.
glad you are still pumping and doing great at it!
and...I wish I did not know how to remove clogged ducts because they SUCK but...glad I could be of service.
Post a Comment