Breastfeeding

Sunday, May 20, 2012

What a week!

I write this while a sick baby sleeps on my chest, so I apologize in advance for any errors in conventions. This week started off well, and seemed to go downhill quickly. Good things I was looking forward to this week: -I received some news from a friend of mine that the preschool where E will attend next year was looking to hire a teacher. -I was going to meet some friends for dinner. -A haircut for myself was scheduled and I had a bridal shower to attend. What ended up happening: -Tuesday afternoon after school, I saw a text from my dad saying to hurry home because E wasn't feeling well. I get home and within the hour, he vomits all over my mom and our floors. He seems to feel better after that, so my mom said she would stay until Paul came home so I could go to dinner. While at dinner, I get a message from Paul saying that Grayson is now vomiting (all over my mom, of course). -Wednesday morning, at our staff meeting, we are notified that our principal is being promoted. The room was silent and people started crying. Including me. She is the best administrator and we are so sad to see her go. After hearing that news, I sent my resume for the preschool opening. Later, I receive a message from Paul saying that he took E to urgent care because the rash on/around his penis had gotten considerably worse overnight. The doctor at urgent care said that what had started as a yeast infection had now become a bacterial infection (impetigo). He gave us some cream to apply. -Thursday,my mom called my school around 10am telling me that E had developed a rash all over his body. I came home and took him to the doctor after his nap. He was diagnosed with Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. It's pretty common amongst kids. Poor little guy had these puss filled blisters that looked like bug bites/pimples. His thighs (inner and outer), butt, and backs of his arms, and genitals were the worst. He really enjoyed taking oatmeal baths to calm the itching, though. That afternoon, I spoke to the preschool, but declined an interview because the position wa not offering enough money. -Friday, I signed my contract for the next school year. I came home and then went to my cousin's bridal shower. I came home at 9 to an awake G with a fever. This weekend, I have spent about 90% of my time holding G. He will not sleep in his bed and fusses if we put him down or if I pass him to Paul. I miss Evan because I feel like I've spent little to no time with him this weekend. I hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

No comments: