P went out of town this weekend with some friends on a camping trip. He comes home today and I'm extremely excited! (I haven't been alone though...my awesome mom has been here helping out. Yep. I'm spoiled.)
Anyway, P has been the one to put E down for bed for at least the last two months. I was a bit nervous as to how it would all turn out, and I'm pleased to say that it was great! Poor P will probably be upset be how well it went!
For the past couple of weeks, E has been rather challenging to put down. He keeps coming out of his room, wanting to get his back scratched, wanting a change of diaper, and wanting to get cool air blown on his chest. In the middle of the night, he's been coming into our room and P goes to put him in bed again - this happens about 2 times, at least.
Friday night, gave E his bath, brushed his teeth with ease, put him to bed without nursing (he didn't even ask!), scratched his back for 10 seconds, kissed him goodnight, and left the room. He went to bed and stayed in his bed all night. Never came out. Not even once. Last night, E came out once after putting him down, but fell asleep right after I left.
Let's hope that daddy-o gets to experience this tonight while mommy goes out with some friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment