
Evan is now 7 months old! This past month has been quite a developmental one.
- Evan has enjoyed sweet potatoes, green beans (which he REALLY can't stand), bananas, and avocado. He's also had momsicles and loves them! Once Evan is done with a spoonful of food, we'll try to take it back to give him more. But he gets so upset that he'll close his eyes tightly and start wailing/screaming. I have show him and tell him to keep his eyes on the spoon so he can see that he's going to get more.
- I suspect that crawling will soon be coming! He gets on all fours and starts rocking back and forth. Evan is able to move backwards because he pushes himself onto his feet with his butt in the air, then flops down. He can also lift himself onto his side, so I think sitting up on his own will be near as well. Evan now sits up very straight rather than slouchy when he's unsupported.
- Rolling around is now an "easier" task for Evan. Even though he can do it much quicker in his crib, he's getting the hang of it on the carpet. He doesn't really roll to get him places, but he's quick to roller over from tummy to back (and back to tummy).
- Teeth. Although they haven't completely erupted yet, I can feel one of his incisors when I rub my finger on his gums. Evan loves to take mommy or daddy's fingers, shove them into his mouth, and chomp away.
- Like I mentioned before about when the spoon gets taken away from Evan, he's learned to scream when he's upset about something. At times we think that it's just because he likes the sound. But we've pretty much figured out that he's just screaming to fuss about something.
- Sleep is still one area that we continue to work on. There were two nights when Evan went to bed at 6:30 pm, one night he woke at 3:30 and the next night he woke at 4:15, then slept again until 5:30/5:45 am. If you ask me, that's a good night's sleep!! For the most part, Evan is still getting up once or twice a night but sleeping for about 10 hours. He's taking two, sometimes three naps during the day.
In Evan's room there is a frame that has a spot for a photo of him at birth and then each month after up to a year. It amazes me that it will be full soon. Only four more spots left!







Before I show his current photo...
I get a weekly update from The Bump as to what to expect with Evan's development. This week I received an email that said "Your baby: Week 30". That means 30 weeks ago, I looked like this...
And when I was 30 weeks pregnant, I looked like this...
Now, I have this...
2 comments:
Yay! He's getting so big!!!
I like the pic of you in the hospital...you look like you are saying "get the _____ out of me right now!!!!!!"
(Thankfully, I only have pictures from after I got the epidural...way more of a happy face- I do not want to see what I looked like before- ugh!)
Post a Comment