Breastfeeding

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Things I love...

Although it's not Valentine's Day, nor is it even February, I wanted to write down some things that I love.

Things I love about my life:
- I'm married to an incredibly understanding, compassionate, loving, and patient husband
- I am not allergic to sugar, chocolate, or peanut butter
- I'm surrounded by a huge support system of family and friends
- Being a mommy
- My son, Evan, who makes me smile and laugh and stress
- ice cream
- I have my health
- I have shelter and a career

Things I love about my husband:
- reheats dinner
- cracks my toes
- scratches my back
- loves me even though I leave piles around the house
- edits my papers for school
- works late and on weekends in order to support our family even though he hates it
- plays with Evan
- takes care of Evan early in the morning and lets me sleep
- keeps me warm at night
- loves me
- everything else I didn't mention!

Things I love about Evan:
- he makes loud "ohhhhh" and "ehhhh" sounds when he's soothing himself just before he falls asleep
- flaps his arm violently when he nurses and wants to go to sleep
- when he blows bubbles
- crawling backwards
- the disgusted face he makes when eating his first spoonful of food, every time
- his smile
- that he thinks our dog and the ceiling fan are hysterical
- when he screams his head off because we take away his spoon to put more food on it
- how he looks so intensely at new people
- the fact that he's content just sitting and watching my toes move around
- and everything else I didn't mention!

5 comments:

The Richardson's said...

Good to remember all that is awesome about life- cause most of the time it is so easy to think of the negatives.

Yeah for being happy!!!!!

Tiffany said...

I love this post! :)

Josh and Jenni said...

So cute. I think I might do the same thing on my blog. It is good to remember the things we all love about life. :o)

Ashley Majorek said...

Very inspiring post :o) Love it, so sweet!

Btw: I like your background!

Mattie said...

Thanks :)