Breastfeeding

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and a birthday

There are several reasons why I enjoy being a teacher, but there's one why I particularly enjoy my district: they give us the Wednesday of Thanksgiving off! I had FIVE blissful days to spend at home with my baby boy and four days with my hubby.

Wednesday was spent meeting up with my former guard student, Whitney. She hadn't met Evan since his birth and it was about time they had a proper introduction! We met up at Starbucks and Evan had a blast playing with her. I think I've found a new sitter!

Thanksgiving day was spent at my mother-in-law's home with a traditional dinner, including some delicious candied sweet potatoes (my favorite). We played Apples to Apples with the family too.

The next day, we headed to my parent's house in Maricopa for chiles rellenos and posole. SO GOOD!!! Evan had a blast playing with my parents...as always. My sister and brother-in-law were in Hawaii for the week and we missed having them there.

Saturday was another day at home for me while Paul went to a friend's house to watch the ASU/UofA game. Our nephew, Benjamin, had his first birthday on Sunday. We went to Paul's sister's home to celebrate with family and friends. Benjamin really enjoyed his birthday cake and presents while his sister, Mara, loved the bounce house. Happy 1st birthday, Benjamin!
Blowing out the candles with Mom.
Meghan, Ben, Evan, and Paul
Ben thought it would be great to wipe his hands on Meghan's face.
Mara bouncing around.Evan "driving" around in Ben's birthday present. Look at that red hair!

1 comment:

Josh and Jenni said...

Looks like a blast! Whitney would be a great sitter. Love that girl! Anyway, Miss M does not sleep through the night every night. She did for awhile and now that she is teether she wakes up at least once screaming in pain. So this is what I have started doing. As soon as she is fussy ad wants to go to bed I nurse her for about five minutes (just to start the sucking motion). Then I give her baby tylenol. Then I nurse her again for about five minutes to make sure she swallowed all of it. Then I put her down in her crib to go to sleep. I am very lucky. Madelyn wants nothing to do with pacis or people when she is tired. She just wants to be left alone to sleep. She usually sleeps a good 6-8 hours this way. Of course on days when she doesn't eat very much during the day, or take regular naps, she wakes up every three hours again. So it is a process... What is Evan doing?