Breastfeeding

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Two months

Evan turned two months old today! It's hard to believe that just a few shorts weeks ago I was sitting on the couch all day nursing and getting up all night...nursing. Now at least I get a couple hours of rest...sometimes.


Evan is now definitely eating more during the day than at night. Sometimes he'll wake at night, Paul will change him, I'll go to feed him, and he'll fall asleep the second it gets in his mouth. During the day, however, he's eating 3.5-4.5 ounces at a time. Sometimes I feel like I'm not able to pump enough to keep up. But "thankfully", I get up to pump during the night.


He's also so much fun to play with! Paul and Evan have this game where they like to stick their tongues out at each other. Evan is also in love with our ceiling fans. He'll stare and smile at them all the time. Paul get's Evan to fall asleep by walking around the living room in circles while Evan stares at the fan. But if you take him away...beware!! Silly boy! Evan has also been falling asleep without anything in his mouth. Even me! In fact, at times he'll pull himself off, and it hurts. He won't take a pacifier unless Paul or my mom sneak it in after a feeding.



We have our two month well-check on Thursday. I'm definitely NOT looking forward to the vaccinations. I'll post his measurements then. For now, enjoy some photos of my little man!





**UPDATE** Evan now weighs 12 pounds and is 23 inches long. He also received two shots and an oral vaccine. I thought he was more upset that we took away his food than he was about the shots. That was until he got the second shot. He was NOT happy. When we got home, he was still quite fussy and Paul went to change his diaper before I nursed him. I heard a loud cry/shriek that was new for Evan. Paul came back with a screaming baby. He said when he went to put him down on the changing pad Evan wouldn't let go of his shirt. :( Poor little boy. It even took him a few minutes to calm down enough to latch on to me. I'm sorry, Evan! Shots suck.

No comments: