Breastfeeding

Thursday, August 13, 2009

8 weeks

I feel like I just posted for Evan's seventh week and yet another week has gone by. The biggest news this week is that Evan has discovered his hands and puts them in his mouth to suck. It's not a full suck, but more of a nibbling act when he fishing for food or comfort. He also hasn't pooped since Monday. From what I've read, it's common for babies at this age to go days without a bowel movement. What I've also read is that I better be prepared for when he does go again! I'll make sure the bath and new clothes are ready!

I've also had my moments this week. Yesterday I called my mom during my lunch to see how Evan was doing. Before she could say "Hello", I could hear Evan crying in the background. My mom said he was having a hard time sleeping that morning. After getting off the phone, I started to cry. There I was pumping alone in my classroom, eating my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and crying because I wanted to go home and sooth my baby....and I couldn't. I was ready to quit my job at that moment. I don't usuly have time to think about how much I miss Evan during the day because I'm always going at work. But when I pump, I have a picture of his little face staring at me. I miss him dearly during those times. Coming home to see his face and having Paul get home are the best parts of my day!

1 comment:

The Richardson's said...

Pooping thing is normal, especially for breastfed babies. Matthew has gone through so many phases of not pooping for almost a week.

Such a sad story about you pumping in your room eating your sandwich. Sorry! at least you know your Mom is with Evan and not some under-qualified stranger. Hope it gets better for you!