Paul and I both took off Friday from work. I started my day by getting a prenatal massage, manicure, and a brow wax. Then we were off to get my oil changed! That afternoon, I went to a bridal shower for a coworker. For dinner, Paul and I went to a new place called Amano Pizza. It's on 16th st. and Baseline...we pass it all the time and always say we should try it. It's super small and quaint, but we prefer Cibo downtown.
Saturday began with maternity shoot done by our friend Pam. She is FANTASTIC and I'm so excited to see how they turn out. We then went to have lunch at Einstein's and visit Paul's grandmother. After letting Layne out, we packed and checked in to the Pointe Tapatio Cliffs Resort. The first thing we did was go to the pool!
This is how I lay out by the pool...with my virgin Pina Colada. (I forgot my sunglasses.)

Paul has learned rather quickly that pool water must be rather warm for me before I get in. It was rather warm out on Saturday and the pool wasn't too bad, so we were able to go in for a short swim before the sun set.
It also seems that every time we go somewhere on vacation we see a wedding, in this case there were two. Or as Paul says, "Didn't you think there would be one since we are at a resort on a Saturday." Guess I forgot about that.
After relaxing at the pool, Paul and I showered up and got ready for dinner at A Different Pointe of View. It's the "fancy" restaurant at the Pointe and overlooks the city. It was absolutely beautiful! We had a delicious dinner as well: I had halibut, Paul had filet mignon. He asked for it well done, but when it came out it was rare. The server said the chef had sent the wrong steaks to the wrong tables. In return, Paul received a new steak and we both were able to get free desserts! YUMMY!Sunday morning was spent packing up, heading home, going to Maricopa to get a sander that doesn't work from my brother-in-law, visiting my mom who has Virtigo, and then going to Home Depot to purchase wood stain and a new sander.
Even with all the errands, I must admit that Paul and I were able to spend our first FULL weekend TOGETHER since Christmas time. We were able to have some much deserved quality time with each other...it doesn't get any better than that!

2 comments:
sounds great! glad you got to enjoy one of those before Evan gets here- it will be awhile before you get to do that again...haha
What a fun idea!!
Post a Comment