Breastfeeding

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

33 weeks

In an attempt to avoid doing my homework, I'm going to post the latest weekly update. I am now 33 weeks along in my pregnancy (well, tomorrow anyway) and the tiredness has kicked in again. Poor Paul has had to deal with me falling asleep on the couch around 8:30pm or so each night. (I cannot thank him enough for putting up with all the changes that have occurred since I got pregnant...he's incredible.) Sleeping at night has become more difficult and I'm getting up to go to the bathroom more than ever. I wake up covered in sweat at night and am awaiting the day when our pool is warm enough for me to get in. My students have grown accustom to bringing in jackets with them to class because it's "freezing" in there...meanwhile I am fanning myself because it's so hot. The sad part is that I used to be the one that was always freezing!!

I've started playing music for Evan on and off again for the past few months. I downloaded a Baby Einstein album to my iPod and play it near my tummy. The other night I was playing it for Evan again. It was resting on my left thigh close to my belly...shortly after, I looked down and Evan had shifted over to the left side! I moved my iPod to on top of my belly and this is what happened...




And finally...here is the weekly picture of what's going on in my tummy.

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

7 weeks to go!

4 comments:

Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

He is a mover! I think its so great you can already tell he likes music...maybe a future musician!

The Richardson's said...

I slept on the couch for the last 2 months because I could not get comfortable in our bed. I never slept for longer than a couple of hours of a time. ugh...do not miss that.

good luck

Emma said...

Shouldn't you be playing drum corps music to get him ready?

Anonymous said...

First off.. agree with Emma! =)

Second... now he moves!! I tried forever to get him to kick so I could feel it! I am so excited for you and Paul, Mattie! Almost there!

~Whitney