Breastfeeding

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

26 Weeks (Belly pics!)

OK... again, I'm early. It's just that I get sooo excited and anxious! Besides, I can't post tomorrow night because Valerie and I will be making the shower invitations.

So here we go...
26 weeks
22 weeks
18 weeks
14 weeks
11 weeks
I feel that as the weeks progress, the more mature I seem to look as well. Maybe I'm becoming more motherly. I've also been getting more gray hairs. Coincidence?

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

I also read on What to Expect that Evan can now open his eyes. Paul and I might try shining a flashlight on my stomach to see if he reacts. Now when Evan moves it is becoming more obvious that he's moving specific body parts around. Yesterday he even hit us back! I was pressing on my stomach when he socked me, and then did the same thing to Paul!

14 weeks to go!

3 comments:

The Richardson's said...

So cute! Hope you are still feeling good and are not too uncomfortable yet.

Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

Cute belly pictures momma! Keith and I did the same thing by documenting the belly. It's amazing how the belly pops out all of a sudden. Just a few more weeks!

Mattie said...

I'm doing great! We're under the 100 day mark!