Oh, what a few weeks it has been. I feel as though in putting more time into work than my family and I don't like it. I've been arriving home around 5:15 or 5:30. By that time, G is ready for bed and I'm not able to spend time with him. What makes it even harder is that G doesn't even want to come to me when I get home. He'd much rather stay with my mom. (That hurts.) I really need to refocus my time and energy to my kids and husband.
On the up side, our weekends have been full of family time. E has been taking a sports class the past fee weeks. Last week he had soccer, an the first two weeks of September were basketball. School is going well for him, except on Tuesday they had a fire drill. He told me that he ran out of the "house", was crying and said he wanted Grandma. Poor little guy. I also attended his first parent teacher conference. His teachers said he's doing well - he is making friends, particularly a little boy named Nathan. They also said he shares well with others and that he is so sweet. In addition, they couldn't believe how articulate he is and when he needs help, he will go and ask the teachers. I mentioned that he was in speech therapy a year ago because he could only say tree words. Thy were shocked! I'm so glad that he has improved so much in a year. I'm just so proud of him all the time! He is such a smart boy and I love to hear what he has to say and what he thinks. He is definitely at the strange where he says everything on his mind, such as "why is that man naked" (when a boy didn't have on a shirt) or "why that lady _______?"
G is still on a roll! He's walking and trying to run all over the house. Today, he has thought it pretty entertaining and funny to spin in circles until he gets dizzy and falls down. The little guy is trying to freed himself with a spoon, but he can't get food on it just yet. So instead, he shovels down his food with his hands. G still eats like the food will run out and will even eat food off of E's plate and ours when his is all gone. I'm pretty sure he eats more than E does right now. G still sleeps a solid 12 hours at night on most nights. He takes on nap for anywhere between 1-2 hours. I love watching G learn and discover new things. He can stack up to three or four blocks, likes to put lids on to their correct containers, enjoys climbing up and sliding down slides, and wants to be outside just as much as his brother. It will be so nice when the weather cools and they can be outside most of the day.
I'm really looking forward to fall break in a week. Paul and I are taking to boys to our friends' cabin for a few days. It will be nice to focus on our family and some cool weather.
1 comment:
Glad you will get time over break to spend with the family!
Post a Comment